Yogacharya Prof. Subramanian Ananta Venkata ji.
Founder Director, Adyatma Yoga Foundation, Bengaluru
- Doctorate in Yoga- Meditation Studies, Hindu University of America, Florida, USA
- M.Sc Yogic Science and advanced trainings in Yoga from S-VYASA Yoga University, Bangalore
- B.E (Electronics & Communication Engineering), Madurai kamaraj University, Madurai, TN
Subbu Bhaiya is a new age Yoga-Spiritual Master who not only guides the aspirants with the subtle nuance of Yoga but takes them to the depth of Indian Philosophy and devotional experience.
Subbuji gave up his corporate career and shifted to the human engineering of Yoga- Spirituality inspired by the words of Swami Vivekananda. A sadhaka since childhood, he is an initiated disciple of Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj, International Head of Ramakrishna Mission, established by Swami Vivekananda and an ardent devotee of Mahatma Krishna Premi Maharaj. He had served the world renowned S-VYASA Yoga University, as a senior faculty for a decade and had headed the Spiritual, Cultural and Extension activities. He had been the Assistant Registrar- Academics, S-VYASA and Course Director, Yoga Bharati.
Currently the Director of Adhyatma Yoga, Subbuji travels widely motivating mass, particularly youth and has trained thousands through his workshops and training programs on Yoga for Stress Management, Holistic Health and Wellness, Leadership, Value Education, Personality Development and other relevant themes. Subbuji’s Corporate Wellness Workshops are the most sorted ones. Rooted in the ancient Yoga tradition, he makes it relevant to modern minds. He is renowned for his impactful meditation sessions and discourses on spiritual and social themes in English, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, and Malayalam. One can experience the Divine Bliss through the Adhyatma Yoga Retreats of Subbu Bhaiya.
He had been involved in a few service projects to serve the needy. Subbu Bhaiya along with his dedicated disciples had actively involved for the recent flood relief and rehab. Work in Tamil Nadu. Under his leadership, Adhyatma Bharatam has adopted 5 villages in the Cuddalore and Villupuram Districts which were heavily affected by floods where most down trodden scheduled Tribal communities are living below the minimum standards. Protecting the dilapidated ancient temples which are symbols of our glorious past and making them vibrant centres of our perennial culture, learning & service are Subbu Bhaiya’s added passion.
Awards & Titles:
- Bodhi Dharma Award by New Monks Kumfu Association, India, January 2017
- “Yoga Ratna” title by renowned educationalists Dr Gururaj Karjagi, International Day of Yoga, 2016
- Viveka Ratna” Award by Vivekananda Yoga Education & Research Institute, Mysore, January 2015
- “Distinguished Alumni Award” from PSY Engineering College, Madurai in 2013
- “Vivekananda Youth Leadership Award”, “Yogaratna”
- “Yuvakala Bharati” by Bharati Yuva Kendra, Madurai
- “Kavithamani” by HH Jagatguru Shankaracharya Swamiji in appreciation of his poems at the age of 13
Positions he has held:
- In charge for all spiritual-cultural and extension activities of S-VYASA Yoga University from June 2006 to 2013
- Assistant Registrar, Academic Programs at S-VYASA Yoga University from January 2008 to August 2011
- Co-ordinator for “Stop Diabetes Movement”, a nationwide health project to mitigate Diabetes through Yoga therapy from January 2010 to December 2012
- Adjunct Faculty at Hindu University of America, Florida, USA
- Director, Yoga Bharati 2013 – 2015
- Regular invited Master at Global Yoga Festivals and Conferences
- Delivered the key-note address in various seminars and conferences including –the national seminar on “Multiple approaches to intellectually challenged children” organized by Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, at Coimbatore(2009), national seminar on “Violence in Youth and Yoga as a remedy” organized by Hatha Vidya Gurukulam, Kerala(2010), “International conference on Yoga” by Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University(2011 & 2012), National Conference on “ Vedas- the source of all sciences” by SASTRA University(2013) and a few others.
- Member of Board of Studies at Tamil Nadu Physical Education & Sports University (TNPESU), Chennai, Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi University, Bhopal
- Has been the main organizer of the International Day of Yoga – Mega Event on June 21st since 2013
- Contributes thought provoking articles in various journals and magazines.
- Had conducted many Television programs on Yoga, participated in TV interviews and discussions
- Chairman, International Tamil Vegetarian Union (ITVU), Karnataka Chapter, which is part of IVU- International Veg. Union
- Executive Member of Karnataka State Yoga Academy, Bangalore
- Facilitator, DISHA, an organization focused on inculcating ‘Human Values in Education’ thro’ Indian Culture
- Member of Inter religious Dialogues by META-CULTURE
- Has conducted hundreds of Workshops for corporate companies and institutes on Stress Management, Holistic Wellness, leadership, Spirituality in Daily Life and other relevant themes.
- Has travelled widely across the country delivering discourses in schools, colleges, universities, companies and various places motivating a large number of people, particularly youth in Yoga, Spirituality and yogic life style.
- Has been an organizer for international Conferences on Yoga and many seminars and workshops organized by S-VYASA University, Bangalore.
- Has been part of organsing team of Ramakrishna- Vivekananda Devotees Conferences in Tamil Nadu